We know how stressful and worrying it is when a beloved fur baby goes missing. That’s why we created this easy to follow checklist to help you find your lost dog quickly and safely (scroll down for a simple infographic).
1. Search for your missing dog
Use this checklist to search and find your missing dog:
- Search the area and surrounding areas your dog went missing.
- Call out their name clearly and calmly, do not use an angry tone.
- Ask family, friends, neighbours or locals to help with your search.
- Make sure someone stays home in case your dog turns up.
- Try luring them in with their favourite items or toys, they may follow the scent to find their way back to you.
2. Report your dog as lost
Use this checklist to report and find your missing dog:
- Post lost dog posters around your neighbourhood, use our free template to save time. Get your free missing pet poster template by registering your pet on Pet Reunite.
- Post on social media networks. Share your posts on lost and found pet Facebook groups. Find your local lost and found group here.
- Contact local pet authorities (nearby vets, animal shelters, pet rescue centres etc). Find a list of your local animal shelters and rescue groups here
- Register your missing pet for free on the Australia’s Pet Net ID Lost & Found Network here.