As we gradually go back to working in the office, we can again enjoy some of the fun parts about being in an office. Snack, chats with friends, after work drinks, but most importantly, Take Your Dog to Work Day. To help make Take Your Dog to Work Day run safely and successfully, we’re sharing our best tips and advice!
1. Make sure you prepare properly for the day
Before surprising your colleagues and bringing your fur baby in to work, follow this checklist:
- Check with your employer if pets are allowed in the office, and get their approval
- Ensure that no one in the office is allergic to dogs
- Ensure your dog is microchipped, vaccinated, healthy and won’t spread infections
- Make sure your dog is socialised with other dogs and humans
2. Transport – Drive in to work
We recommend your drive in to work on Take Your Dog to Work Day, unless you live walking distance. It’s a lot easier and more convenient than taking public transport. Also, make sure your dog is wearing a car harness and doesn’t get car sick.
3. Bring a cozy bed
You’ll always want a make sure there is a comfy and cozy spot for your dog to rest, have a special “spot” for them in your office.