Have you done whatever in your power to make your family pet’s life a happy one?
Mainly it is up to you to make sure that your cat or dogs needs are fulfilled.
Here are six easy steps you can do to make sure that your animal has a better life:
1. Make certain your pet has it’s ID tag. The ID tag tells where your pet lives and of any medical conditions your pet may have. It might be the only thing standing in between your animal and the pound if your pet wanders off!
2. Avoid behavioural issues by enrolling your family pet in a habits training class prior to it developing any bad habits. This suggestion will make both you and your family pet happier for the entire life time you are together!
3. Get your pet a check-up from a vet a minimum of once a year. Some habits problems can be health associated and taking your animal to the vet regularly will help you with suggestion #2.
4. Get ready for catastrophes. Your family pet can not check out the escape plan you have actually made for your household in case of a flood, fire, or other catastrophes! Make sure your escape plans include someone in your family having the job of securing or collecting up and removing your pet(s) from your home and taking them to a safe place.
5. Plan for the future. Who will look after your animal if something occurs to you? Make certain you have a “godparent” for all of your pets. This consists of short term care as well if you are in the health centre, immobilized, or out of town.
6. Find out how to avoid canine bites by training your dog in your household. This is especially essential for children. Every year 4.7 million children are bitten by pets. 80% are by dogs they have been in everyday contact with!
There you have it!
6 simple steps to keep you and your pets happy for a long, long time.