Lost your pet? Found a pet? Or want to adopt a pet in Staunton VA?
We understands how troubling it is when a precious family animal gets lost. That’s why we do our best to reunite lost household pets with their pet parents in Staunton and nearby regions.
On this post, you can find details on all things linked to pet rescue Staunton and cat or dog adoption Staunton. There are also essential guidelines on what to do if you’ve lost your animal or discovered someone else’s family pet.
Humane Societies, Dog Adoptions & Animal Shelters in Staunton VA
Searching for an animal shelter Staunton VA or humane society Staunton VA that provides care, housing and medical treatment to missing or stray dogs and felines within Staunton and surrounding neighborhoods? Or are you seeking cat or dog adoption Staunton VA?
Look for your nearby animal shelter Staunton and their contact info in the list shown below. Use the search bar to look for your suburb or postcode.
What do I do if I’ve lost my pet in Staunton VA?
Pet Net ID understands how horrible and anxious it is when a pet goes missing. However, there are great deals of things you can do to swiftly locate and reunite with your animal, from asking around in the Staunton region, calling your local vet and animal shelter Staunton VA, and putting together lost pet posters.
Ensure your animal is constantly wearing their collar + ID tag, a Smart ID Collar and Smart ID Tag when possible, and are microchipped with your right contact information. Listed below are some essential tips on what to do if you’ve lost your pet in Staunton.
1. Register your missing pet free of cost at PetNetID.com: Pet Net ID’s pet reunite service will help get the word out regarding your lost pet online and also help any one who locates your missing family pet to call you easily, also in circumstances where your family pet is not wearing a pet ID tag, pet collar or does not have a microchip!
2. Look around Staunton as soon as possible: Relaxing waiting for your animal to come home will not do much. Go looking in Staunton as well as the area where your pet was last seen.
3. Get in touch with local pet rescue Staunton VA organisations: Look on Google for phrases like: ‘Animal Shelter Staunton’, ‘Humane Society Staunton’, ‘Dog Pound Staunton’ or ‘Cat Pound Staunton’ to locate local Staunton pet rescue groups. Also connect with your local Staunton vet services and clinics.
4. Make posters and place them up in your neighbourhood: Let your whole Staunton neighborhood know of your lost animal with lost pet posters … establish a reward for extra assistance!
5. Utilize social media sites sites and online dog rescue Staunton VA + cat rescue Staunton VA networks: Post on Lost & Found Pet Groups on social media sites, and register your family pet on our Lost & Found Pet Network to locate your animal a lot faster.
We are aware this can feel like a big concern especially when you’re handling the misery of not knowing where your pet is. That’s where we can assist you, watch this video to see how we assist reunite missing family pets with their owners.
Just click this link to register your lost pet free of charge, and we will help you rejoin with your pet a lot quicker!
I found a pet pet in Staunton VA, what do I do now?
If you have encountered a dog or cat that seems lost and are uncertain on what to do next, do not worry, we are here to help. Below are some valuable reminders on what to do if you have actually uncovered a pet in Staunton.
1. Take a look at the pet’s collar or tag: If they have a tag, try to speak to the pet parent using the contact info on the collar or tag.
2. Scan the pet’s microchip: Take the lost animal to the nearby veterinarian or animal pound in Staunton to get the pet scanned for a microchip.