Lost your pet? Found a pet? Or want to adopt a pet in Fredericksburg VA?
Pet Net ID understands exactly how upsetting it is when a cherished family pet gets missing. That’s exactly why we do our absolute best to reunite missing animals with their pet parents in Fredericksburg and bordering places.
On this page, you can locate information on all things linked to pet rescue Fredericksburg and cat or dog adoption Fredericksburg. There are also good tips on what to do if you’ve lost your pet or discovered somebody else’s pet.
Humane Societies, Dog Adoptions & Animal Shelters in Fredericksburg VA
Seeking an animal shelter Fredericksburg VA or humane society Fredericksburg VA that provides health care, shelter and treatment to missing or stray pet dogs and cats within Fredericksburg and bordering communities? Or are you seeking cat or dog adoption Fredericksburg VA?
Locate your community animal shelter Fredericksburg and their contact details in the table beneath. Use the search bar to look for your suburb or postcode.
I lost my pet in Fredericksburg VA, what do I do now?
Pet Net ID understands exactly how terrible and stressful it is when a pet goes missing. However, there are lots of things you can do to rapidly find and reunite with your family pet, from asking about in the Fredericksburg region, calling your neighborhood veterinarian and animal shelter Fredericksburg VA, and putting up lost pet posters.
Make sure that your animal is constantly wearing their collar + ID tag, a Smart ID Collar and Smart ID Tag preferably, and are microchipped with your proper contact information. Listed below are some important recommendations on what to do if you’ve lost your animal in Fredericksburg.
1. Register your missing pet completely free at PetNetID.com: Pet Net ID’s pet reunite service will assist spread the word regarding your missing pet online and also assist any one that finds your lost animal to contact you conveniently, even in scenarios where your family pet is not using a pet ID tag, pet collar or doesn’t have a microchip!
2. Look around Fredericksburg today: Relaxing awaiting your pet to come home will not do a lot. Go looking in Fredericksburg and the location where your animal was last seen.
3. Contact local pet rescue Fredericksburg VA organisations: Search on Google for phrases like: ‘Animal Shelter Fredericksburg’, ‘Humane Society Fredericksburg’, ‘Dog Pound Fredericksburg’ or ‘Cat Pound Fredericksburg’ to discover community Fredericksburg pet rescue groups. Additionally get in touch with your neighborhood Fredericksburg veterinary services and clinics.
4. Create posters and place them up in your neighbourhood: Let your entire Fredericksburg community know of your lost pet with missing pet posters … set up a prize for additional assistance!
5. Utilize social media websites and online dog rescue Fredericksburg VA + cat rescue Fredericksburg VA sites: Post on Lost & Found Pet Groups on social media, and register your family pet on to our Lost & Found Pet Network to locate your pet quicker.
We know this can feel like a big burden especially when you’re dealing with the misery of not knowing where your animal is. That’s where we can assist you, watch this video to see exactly how we help rejoin missing pets with their pet parents.
Just click this link to register your lost pet free of cost, and we will assist you reunite with your pet faster!
I found a pet pet in Fredericksburg VA, what do I do now?
If you have encountered a dog or pet cat that seems lost and are unclear on what to do next, don’t worry, we are here to help. Below are some good reminders about what to do if you’ve discovered an animal in Fredericksburg.
1. Take a look at the pet’s collar or tag: If they have a tag, attempt and speak to the pet parent using the contact details on the collar or tag.
2. Scan the pet’s microchip: Take the missing animal to the local vet or animal pound in Fredericksburg to get the pet checked for a microchip.