Lost your pet? Found a pet? Or want to adopt a pet in Alexandria VA?
We knows just how disturbing it is when a treasured family pet gets lost. That’s exactly why we do our absolute best to reunite lost household pets with their pet parents in Alexandria and neighboring places.
On this site, you can locate info on all things associated with pet rescue Alexandria and cat or dog adoption Alexandria. There are also good suggestions on what to do if you’ve lost your animal or located someone else’s pet.
Humane Societies, Dog Adoptions & Animal Shelters in Alexandria VA
Looking for an animal shelter Alexandria VA or humane society Alexandria VA that offers attention, a place to stay and medication to lost or stray canines and pet cats within Alexandria and nearby places? Or are you seeking cat or dog adoption Alexandria VA?
Search for your local animal shelter Alexandria as well as their contact information in the list shown below. Utilize the search bar to look for your suburb or postcode.
What do I do if I’ve lost my pet in Alexandria VA?
Pet Net ID understands just how awful and anxious it is when a family pet goes missing. However, there are great deals of things you can do to promptly locate and rejoin with your pet, from asking around in the Alexandria area, calling your community veterinarian and animal shelter Alexandria VA, as well as putting up lost pet posters.
Make sure your animal is constantly wearing their collar + ID tag, a Smart ID Collar and Smart ID Tag ideally, and are microchipped with your appropriate contact information. Listed below are some important ideas on what to do if you’ve lost your family pet in Alexandria.
1. Sign up your missing pet for FREE at PetNetID.com: Pet Net ID’s pet reunite service will certainly assist get the word out about your lost animal online and also help any one who locates your lost family pet to call you conveniently, even in situations where your family pet is not wearing a pet ID tag, pet collar or doesn’t have a microchip!
2. Browse around Alexandria immediately: Sitting around awaiting your family pet to come home will not do much. Go searching in Alexandria and also the location where your animal was last seen.
3. Call community pet rescue Alexandria VA organisations: Look on Google for phrases like: ‘Animal Shelter Alexandria’, ‘Humane Society Alexandria’, ‘Dog Pound Alexandria’ or ‘Cat Pound Alexandria’ to discover community Alexandria pet rescue groups. Also connect with your local Alexandria veterinary services and hospitals.
4. Make posters and place them up in your local community: Let your whole Alexandria community know of your missing family pet with lost animal posters … establish a reward for added assistance!
5. Utilize social networks sites and online dog rescue Alexandria VA + cat rescue Alexandria VA organizations: Post on Lost & Found Pet Groups on social media sites, and register your pet on to our Lost & Found Pet Network to discover your pet a lot quicker.
We are aware this can seem like a huge concern specifically when you’re dealing with the misery of not knowing where your family pet is. That’s where we can assist you, watch this video clip to see exactly how we help reunite missing family pets with their owners.
Just click this link to register your lost pet absolutely free, and we will help you reunite with your pet quicker!
I found a pet pet in Alexandria VA, how do I get them back to their owners?
If you have encountered a dog or feline who seems missing and are unsure on what to do next, don’t worry, we are here to help. Listed below are some helpful pointers on what to do if you’ve found a pet in Alexandria.
1. Have a look at the pet’s collar or tag: If they have a tag, attempt to call the owner using the contact info on the collar or tag.
2. Check the pet’s microchip: Take the lost family pet to the local veterinarian or animal pound in Alexandria to get the pet checked for a microchip.