Lost your pet? Found a pet? Or want to adopt a pet in South Portland ME?
We knows just how troubling it is when a beloved family pet is missing. That’s why we do our very best to rejoin lost household pets with their pet parents in South Portland and neighboring regions.
On this site, you can find information on all things linked with pet rescue South Portland and cat or dog adoption South Portland. There are also useful tips on what to do if you’ve lost your pet or located another person’s pet.
Humane Societies, Dog Adoptions & Animal Shelters in South Portland ME
Looking for an animal shelter South Portland ME or humane society South Portland ME that delivers care, shelter and medical treatment to missing or stray canines and felines within South Portland and neighboring communities? Or are you trying to find cat or dog adoption South Portland ME?
Discover your nearby animal shelter South Portland and their contact information in the list shown below. Use the search bar to search for your postcode or suburb.
I lost my pet in South Portland ME, what do I do now?
Pet Net ID understands exactly how dreadful and worrying it is when an animal goes missing. However, there are great deals of things you can do to swiftly locate and reunite with your pet, from asking about in the South Portland region, calling your neighborhood vet and animal shelter South Portland ME, as well as setting up missing pet posters.
Make sure that your family pet is constantly wearing their collar + ID tag, a Smart ID Collar and Smart ID Tag if possible, and are microchipped with your right contact details. Listed here are some vital suggestions on what to do if you have actually lost your family pet in South Portland.
1. Sign up your missing pet completely free at PetNetID.com: Pet Net ID’s pet reunite service will certainly help spread the word regarding your lost animal online and also help any one who finds your lost animal to contact you quickly, also in situations where your animal is not using a pet ID tag, pet collar or doesn’t have a microchip!
2. Look around South Portland right away: Sitting around waiting for your animal to come home will not do a lot. Go browsing in South Portland as well as the area where your pet was last seen.
3. Get in touch with nearby pet rescue South Portland ME organisations: Look on Google for phrases like: ‘Animal Shelter South Portland’, ‘Humane Society South Portland’, ‘Dog Pound South Portland’ or ‘Cat Pound South Portland’ to locate local South Portland pet rescue groups. Also connect with your local South Portland vet services and clinics.
4. Make posters and place them up in your area: Let your whole South Portland neighborhood know of your missing family pet with missing animal posters … put up a prize for additional help!
5. Use social networks websites and online dog rescue South Portland ME + cat rescue South Portland ME sites: Post on Lost & Found Pet Groups on social networks, and register your pet dog on our Lost & Found Pet Network to discover your pet quicker.
We know this can feel like a huge problem specifically when you’re handling the misery of not knowing where your animal is. That’s where we can assist you, watch this video clip to see just how we help reunite lost animals with their parents.
Just click this link to register your lost pet free of charge, and we will assist you reunite with your pet faster!
What to do if I found a pet in South Portland ME?
If you have come upon a canine or pet cat that seems missing and are uncertain on what to do next, don’t stress, we are here to help. Below are some helpful tips about what to do if you’ve discovered an animal in South Portland.
1. Have a look at the pet’s collar or tag: If they have a tag, try and call the pet parent using the contact details on the collar or tag.
2. Scan the pet’s microchip: Take the missing family pet to the neighborhood veterinarian or animal pound in South Portland to get the pet checked for a microchip.