Lost your pet? Found a pet? Or want to adopt a pet in Silver Spring MD?
We knows exactly how painful it is when a loved family animal gets lost. That’s why we do our absolute best to reunite lost household pets with their pet parents in Silver Spring and nearby places.
On this site, you can find information on all things connected to pet rescue Silver Spring and cat or dog adoption Silver Spring. There are also great tips on what to do if you’ve lost your animal or found somebody else’s pet.
Humane Societies, Dog Adoptions & Animal Shelters in Silver Spring MD
Trying to find an animal shelter Silver Spring MD or humane society Silver Spring MD that offers care, housing and medical treatment to lost or stray canines and felines within Silver Spring and neighboring regions? Or are you searching for cat or dog adoption Silver Spring MD?
Discover your community animal shelter Silver Spring as well as their contact information in the table beneath. Utilize the search bar to search for your suburb or postcode.
I lost my pet in Silver Spring MD, what do I do now?
Pet Net ID knows exactly how terrible and stressful it is when an animal goes missing. However, there are great deals of things you can do to promptly locate and reunite with your pet, from asking around in the Silver Spring region, calling your neighborhood vet and animal shelter Silver Spring MD, as well as putting together missing pet posters.
Make sure that your family pet is constantly wearing their collar + ID tag, a Smart ID Collar and Smart ID Tag preferably, and are microchipped with your proper contact info. Listed below are some important ideas on what to do if you have actually lost your family pet in Silver Spring.
1. Sign up your missing pet free of charge at PetNetID.com: Pet Net ID’s pet reunite service will help get the word out about your missing pet online and also help any one who finds your missing animal to call you quickly, also in scenarios where your animal is not using a pet ID tag, pet collar or does not have a microchip!
2. Browse around Silver Spring right now: Relaxing waiting on your family pet to come home will not do a lot. Go searching in Silver Spring and also the spot where your animal was last seen.
3. Call community pet rescue Silver Spring MD organisations: Search on Google for phrases like: ‘Animal Shelter Silver Spring’, ‘Humane Society Silver Spring’, ‘Dog Pound Silver Spring’ or ‘Cat Pound Silver Spring’ to locate local Silver Spring pet rescue groups. Also connect with your community Silver Spring veterinary services and hospitals.
4. Make posters and put them up in your area: Allow your entire Silver Spring community know of your lost animal with lost pet posters … make a prize for extra help!
5. Take advantage of social media websites and online dog rescue Silver Spring MD + cat rescue Silver Spring MD networks: Post on Lost & Found Pet Groups on social media sites, and register your pet on to our Lost & Found Pet Network to locate your pet a lot quicker.
We understand this can seem like a big burden particularly when you’re dealing with the agony of not knowing where your pet is. That’s where we can help you, watch this video clip to see how we help reunite missing pets with their owners.
Just click on this link to register your lost pet free of charge, and we will assist you rejoin with your pet faster!
What to do if I found a pet in Silver Spring MD?
If you have come across a dog or cat that seems missing and are not sure on what to do next, don’t panic, we are here to help. Listed below are some helpful guidelines on what to do if you have actually discovered an animal in Silver Spring.
1. Check out the pet’s collar or tag: If they have a tag, attempt and call the owner using the contact details on the collar or tag.
2. Scan the pet’s microchip: Take the missing animal to the neighborhood veterinarian or animal pound in Silver Spring to get the pet scanned for a microchip.